The Blockchain Reallabor NRW project, funded by the Ministry of Economics, Innovation, Digitization and Energy of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, is concerned with the identification and research of practical use cases for blockchain solutions in the Rhenish mining area and beyond. Nine consortium partners are developing and analysing potential future practical projects in the application fields of energy, finance, production, supply chain and services of general interest within the framework of the interdisciplinary research project. For the successful application of the technology, the necessary framework conditions must also be in place. The existing framework conditions are examined and the need for adaptation is determined in the cross-sectional subjects of law, security, technology, business models, scenarios and trends.
From a legal point of view, a wide variety of questions can arise, often of a new kind. For example, the development of DSGVO-compliant applications is of central importance, which is a challenge due to the characteristics of the block chain as a distributed and basically unchangeable database.
Further information and publications can be found on the project website: https://blockchain-reallabor.de/. Elisaweta Rabovskaja (ITM) gives short information in the following video on Youtube.
- Institute for Internet Security – if(is)
- regio iT GmbH
- Chair of Finance and Credit Management at the Ruhr-University Bochum
- Institute for Automation of Complex Power Systems of the RWTH Aachen
- Institute for Technology and Innovation Management at RWTH Aachen University (RWTH TIM)
- Machine Tool Laboratory WZL of the RWTH Aachen
- Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT
- Fraunhofer Institute for Material Flow and Logistics IML
- Fraunhofer Institute for Scientific-Technical Trend Analysis INT